Software Engineer - Integration
Faria Education Group specialises in building and operating software systems for use in international education. The main products are ManageBac and OpenApply . We are a remote-first company that values diverse teams. The worldwide technical team behind these products are spread between Taiwan, United States and Ukraine. We have additional technical staff in the United Kingdom, Germany, and Canada.
The Interop division within Faria Education Group is tasked with integrating key partner systems and services with ManageBac. This is an area where we project substantial growth in the next 2-5 years and we are growing our staff accordingly. Integration relies on a variety of APIs and SSO connections, both written by FEG and supplied by external partners.
Currently we are a Ruby shop, though you may have the chance to explore additional technologies as our systems mature. We use a variety of other software in production including Rails, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Memcached, and more.
This is a mid-level, full-time, remote development position. We expect you to be able to contribute to the development of high-quality software solutions with some guidance. You should already be familiar with web development using Ruby on Rails, and have experience using and creating API solutions. You will need to work with APIs at a variety of maturity levels. We also value high-quality UI/UX work that matches our emphasis on customer service.
- Integrate partner products and services with our own products through use of partner APIs.
- Implement UI/UX specs from our design team.
- Support partners in their use of Faria APIs.
- Troubleshoot API and SSO issues, suggest and implement solutions.
- Work effectively as part of a remote team.
Because this is a remote position, effective communication is essential:
- Communicate with other parts of Faria Education Group including product teams, QA, design, support and marketing.
- Proper remote presence & etiquette through Slack, BaseCamp, GitHub and other systems.
- Adherence to operating procedures with timely followups to avoid surprises and dropped work.
- You will report to the Principal Developer for Interop, who is a direct report to the VP of Engineering.
This is a 100% remote job. The ideal candidate will be in the GMT timezone (London time) or prepared to have daily availability during GMT business hours. Candidates in other EMEA timezones will also be considered. Because of the global nature of our business, you should also be prepared for conference calls outside of business hours. Potential emergency situations can call for support at any hour, though we work hard to minimize those situations.
*Please note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*
- Minimum of 2+ years writing web applications in Ruby on Rails. Rails 5 experience a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year experience implementing API solutions on both the consumer and provider side.
- Experience with source code control via Git and GitHub.
- Experience with code quality and continuous integration tools.
- Experience with remote work
- Salary negotiable, expected range USD 60K-90K/year
- Company-supplied laptop (Retina MacBook Pro or other)
- Desk space in our London office is available if desired
- Books ("unlimited within reason") and conference attendance budget. We expect you to have a plan for professional development.
- Remote-first environment